Luís Brandão - academic webpage
Pressione aqui para ver página em Português (press here to see webage in Portuguese)
Email address: , ,
I'm a Ph.D. student in Electrical and Computer Engineering at Carnegie Mellon University (Electrical & Computer Engineering Department @ Carnegie Institute of Technology) in the USA, and in Informatics at University of Lisbon (Informatics Departament @ Faculty of Sciences) in Portugal, in the scope ot the CMU|Portugal Program.
Current main area of academic research: cryptography (secure two-party computation).
© 2011-2014 Luís Brandão
Luís T. A. N. Brandão. Very-efficient flipping of many coins. 2014. (under peer review -- to appear soon)
Luís T. A. N. Brandão. Secure Two-Party Computation with Reusable Bit-Commitments, via a Cut-and-Choose with Forge-and-Lose Technique.
- Two-party parallel coin flipping:
- Rump session TCC 2014 (February): printable (~1.2 MB, 7 slides)
- S2PC via forge-and-lose:
- Extended (January 2014): printable (~1.8 MB, 28 slides, 2pp); animated (~4.9 MB, 339 transitions).
- Short & simplified (January 2014): printable (~0.7 MB, 11 slides, 2pp); animated (~1.2 MB, 74 transitions).
- Reliability of intrusion tolerant systems:
- @ FCUL (November 2012)
printable (~1.1 MB, 16 pages, 2pp);
animated (~5.9 MB, 102 transitions);
static (~2.0 MB, 16 slides, 1pp).
- @ NIST (July 2012):
printable (~3.6 MB, 19 slides, 2pp);
animated (~4.6 MB, 123 transitions);
static (~2.5 MB, 19 slides, 1pp).
© 2012 The Brazilian Computer Society -- Luís T. A. N. Brandão and
Alysson N. Bessani, On the Reliability and Availability of Replicated and Rejuvenating Systems Under Stealth Attacks and Intrusions, Journal of the Brazilian Computer Society, Vol. 18, pp. 61-80, Springer London, 2012. DOI: 10.1007/s13173-012-0062-x.
PDF-updated-personal (~1.4 MB);
© 2011 IEEE -- Luís T. A. N. Brandão and Alysson Bessani, On the Reliability and Availability of Systems Tolerant to Stealth Intrusion, LADC, pp.35-44, 2011 Latin-American Symposium on Dependable Computing, 2011. DOI: 10.1109/LADC.2011.27.
- Extended abstract (© 2013 IACR): In: Sako, K. and Sarkar, P. (eds.) Advances in Cryptology -- ASIACRYPT 2013, LNCS 8270, pp. 441-463, Springer, 2013. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-42045-0_23. Bibtex.
- Technical report (© 2013 Luís Brandão): Cryptology ePrint Archive, Report 2013/577, September 2013. Note: this is the full version; the IACR holds copyright of sections before the appendix (similar to the extended astract).
Content updated in January 2014